The IFF Kids with Sticks is an IFF Development Project which took place for the fist time in March-April 2016 and then again in April-May 2020. Its main objective is to provide children the joy and benefit of sports and to develop floorball at the same time.
Kids with Sticks 2020
The Kids with Sticks support project was launched on April 6th to celebrate the International Day of Sport for Development and Peace. The IFF donated around 200 sticks, balls and over 10 goalie equipment sets. The IFF invited all floorball associations, clubs and other organisations to apply for the support package by May 6th 2020. A total of 55 organisations applied for the Kids with Sticks support.
The applicants that received the sticks in 2020:
- Brazil 1 – Philanthropic association children’s Ark – 3553 votes
- Brazil 4 – Invictus Floorball Campinas – 3035 votes
- Kenya 2 – Silverqueens Floorball Club – 2799 votes
- Brazil 3 – Floorball Campinas – 2391 votes
- Ecuador – Red Floorball Ecuador – 1580 votes
- India – Amateur Karnataka Floorball Association – 1577 votes
- Kenya 1 – Tsunami Floorball Academy – 1540 votes
- Uganda – Bondeko School Uganda – 1295 votes
- Bolivia – Ministerio de Floorball Bolivia – 467 votes
- Serbia – Serbian Floorball Association – 447 votes
Additional projects that received support in 2020 (set of sticks):
Italy – ASD Spartak Floorball Milano
Poland 3 – GRZEŚ Popular Sports and Athletics Club
Russia 1 – Floorball Federation of Republic of Karelia
Slovakia 6 – SK Harvard Partizanske
Spain 1 – Club Deportivo Córdoba Superglads
Ukraine 1 – Melitopol Sports Club “Legend”
More information about the above projects from project name links.
Kids with Sticks 2016
The project was launched 4th of March 2016 and everyone from around the world was able to apply. The IFF received almost 30 applications and chose 10 recipients that the IFF believed would benefit most from the sticks.
The IFF donated 10 UNIHOC Floorball equipment support packages that included 30 sticks (length 70-80cm) and 30 balls
The applicants that received the sticks in 2016:
- Townsville Floorball Association (AUS)
- Floorball Club “GROMOVI”, Banja Luka (BIH)
- Floorball Nova Scotia (CAN)
- Cameroon Floorball Association (CMR)
- Tallinna Tondi Põhikool (EST)
- Youth4change Foundation Limited (JAM)
- Lithuanian Floorball Federation (LTU)
- Floorball Academie Nederland (NED)
- Orem Fitness Center (USA)
- Utah Saints Floorball Club (USA)
The Kids with Sticks Project is supported by the IFF Partner UNIHOC.