Many floorball countries are seeing a resurgence in COVID-19 cases currently, which has resulted in suspension of floorball leagues and postponement of matches.
Examples of COVID-19 implications in floorball:
- All floorball competitions have been suspended in Czech Republic from Monday 12th of October onwards
- All floorball competitions have been suspended in Switzerland from Friday 23rd of October until the end of November
- The International Floorball League (IFL) was cancelled on Tuesday 20th of October. Read more here.
- Men’s F-liiga team in Finland, Tikkurilan Tiikerit, TPS and 1st Division team Kirkkonummi Rangers, have had a positive covid-19 cases Teams are in quarantine and matches are postponed
- The Men’s and Men’s U19 EFT, which was planned to be played during the October’s International Weekend, in St. Gallen is cancelled
- The Women’s and Women’s U19 EFT, which was planned to be played during November’s International Weekend, in Uppsala is cancelled
The IFF wants to remind all stakeholders of the importance of following the guidelines from the national and local government authorities.
SAFE RETURN TO FLOORBALL
- Carefully follow all guidelines from your national and local government authorities
- Check and follow the guidelines of the venue you are using
- Personal equipment should not be shared eg. water bottles, sticks, goalie helmet and gear, towels, training vests
- Keep a record of who attends training sessions and games – this may be helpful for contact tracing, if needed
- If you feel unwell, STAY AT HOME!
Read more here!