Teams in the Southern Conference continue with their last three quarter-finals on the upcoming Saturday. Three more teams will qualify for the Champions Cup semi-finals as SV Wiler-Ersigen have already secured their spot on the men’s side.
Zug United and FBC Ostrava won the first quarter-finals against Vítkovice and Kloten-Dietlikon Jets on the women’s side and the Czech champions Tatran Střešovice won the first match against Floorball Köniz Bern on the men’s side. Three best teams continue to the Champions Cup semi-finals.
17:00 1. SC Tempish Vítkovice vs Zug United (W)
18:00 Tatran Střešovice vs Floorball Köniz Bern (M)
18:30 Kloten-Dietlikon Jets vs FBC Ostrava (W)
- The ballot for the semi-final pairs will be held on Monday 25th September (time TBA) and conducted by the IFF office.
- Two draws will be done – one for women and one for men.
- Teams from the same country can be drawn to play against each other.
The qualified teams (from North & South) will be placed in one pot and drawn as follows:
- the first team drawn is the home team of the first pair
- the second team drawn is the home team of the second pair
- the third team drawn will play against the first team drawn
- the fourth team drawn will play against the second team drawn
This will result in (according to the order drawn from the ballot)
- Semi-final #1: 1 v 3
- Semi-final #2: 2 v 4
- The team drawn first in the ballot (#1) will play at home in the first round of the semi-finals
- If the team drawn second in the ballot (#2) is from a different country than team #1 they will play at home in the first round of the semi-finals but if they are from the same country then they will play away in the first round, and #4 will be the home team in the first round. This is so that we can avoid the possibility of having both semi-finals being played in the same country during the same round.
The semi-finals will be played in the following periods:
1st round: 30th October – 5th November
2nd round: 6th – 13th November
1st round: 20th – 26th November
2nd round: 27th November – 3rd December
The match schedule information and team contact details will be advised to everyone directly after the ballot, and teams will have until Wednesday 4th October at 17:00 CET to confirm their playing date / time / venue. The agreement on match dates & times should be made in co-operation between the participating clubs and their national associations.