For the 15th consecutive year, Innebandymagazinet along with representatives from international floorball media and national team coaches announce the world’s best female floorball player. Veera Kauppi, forward in Thorengruppen IBK and Finland’s national team, gets the 2021 award.
This is the third time the Finnish star has won the award.
– Thank you to everyone who voted for me. If I am the best, for me the most important thing is that my team is the best. It is very big and special to be named the best floorball player in the world. I compare with previous years and I strive to get better and better all the time, says Veera Kauppi.
About her year 2021:
– It has been up and down. I have had some injuries in the spring and in the autumn. But I have been the best when it comes to it. This spring I came back well and was able to perform in the playoffs and the same with the World Championships in Uppsala. It was a good World Floorball Chamionships even though I had some problems there as well, she mentions.
Veera has had a fantastic year. Not only has she been superior in the SSL scoring league, she won the Swedish Championship gold medal with Thorengruppen after scoring two goals in the final. Later in the year, she also scored the decisive goal in the Swedish Cup final. At the end of the year, she was named MVP of the World Floorball Championship 2021 in Uppsala. Her offensive qualities are unique.
Facts: Veera Kauppi
Born: July 19, 1997.
Current club: Thorengruppen IBK.
Original Club: Koovee, Tampere.
Points in the national team: 160 (101 goals & 59 assists).
Merits: Champion in Sweden (2020, 2021). Champions Cup gold (2019). Swedish Cup gold (2021). World’s best floorball player (2017, 2018, 2021).
World’s best floorball players 2021
- Veera Kauppi, Finland & Thorengruppen IBK
- Ida Sundberg, Sweden & Pixbo Wallenstam IBK
- Emelie Wibron, Sweden & Thorengruppen IBK
- Flurina Marti, Switzerland & Pixbo Wallenstam IBK
- Sofia Joelsson, Sweden & Thorengruppen IBK
- Eliška Krupnová, Czech Republic & Pixbo Wallenstam IBK
- Oona Kauppi, Finland & Thorengruppen IBK
- Jana Christianová, Czech Republic & Florbal Chodov
- Wilma Johansson, Sweden & Västerås Rönnby IBK
- Lara Heini, Switzerland & Pixbo Wallenstam IBK
World’s best female floorball players year by year
2021: Veera Kauppi, Finland
2020: Eliška Krupnová, Czech Republic
2019: Anna Wijk, Sweden
2018: Veera Kauppi, Finland
2017: Veera Kauppi, Finland
2016: Anna Wijk, Sweden
2015: Anna Wijk, Sweden
2014: Anna Wijk, Sweden
2013: Emelie Lindström, Sweden
2012: Emelie Lindström, Sweden
2011: Emelie Lindström, Sweden
2010: Hermine Dahlerus, Sweden
2009: Karolina Widar, Sweden
2008: Simone Berner, Switzerland
2007: Karolina Widar, Sweden
About the award
World’s best female floorball player have been awarded since year 2007, making this the 15th time. Winners are selected by Innebandymagazinet in cooperation with national team coaches and international media from the most influential floorball countries.
Source: Innebandymagazinet (Everysport Media Group)