The IWAS Powerchair Hockey European Championship, which was originally to take place in June 2020, has been postponed due to the COVID-19. The new dates are May 31st – June 7th 2021. The IPCH European Championship will be played in the Pajulahti Olympic & Paralympic Training Center, Lahti, Finland.
The IPCH thanked the Local Organising Committee for the hard work and the good cooperation in finding a good and safe solution, as well as for managing all the different issues that come with postponing such a major event.
– Since there are so few international tournaments in Powerchair Hockey it is such a shame we weren’t able to organise the European Championships this year. But I’m sure the event will be even more appreciated next year. This pandemic has shown us the value of sport as we have been forced to live without it. And that value is even bigger for these fantastic athletes with severe disability, says LOC Media Manager Lauri Jaakkola
The event will continue to go under the name IPCH European Championship 2o2o, despite the change of year and the venue remains the same.
This is the updated schedule for the week:
- Sunday 30th of May Official arrival for IPCH officials
- Monday 31st of May Official arrival day for team delegations
- Tuesday 1st of June Control day, practice day
- Wednesday 2nd of June Control day, practice day and Opening Ceremony
- Thursday 3rd of June Match day: First round
- Friday 4th of June Match day: First round
- Saturday 5th of June Match day: Playoff match day
- Sunday 6th of June Match day: Finals, Closing Ceremony, Farewell Dinner & Party
- Monday 7th of June Official departure day for team delegation + IPCH Sport Congress
- Tuesday 8th of June Departure for Sport Congress participants
Teams and Groups