Emelie Wibron is the GoGirls! Ambassador from team Sweden. The upcoming WFC will be Emelie’s fifth Women’s WFC. She has also played twice in the U19 WFC, in 2010 and 2008.
– My name is Emelie Wibron. For the past 10 years I have played in IKSU and in the Swedish national team.
How did you start playing floorball and how long have you played?
– I started to play football and tried many other sports as well. When I was 10, the whole football team started to play floorball together during the winter. I combined the two sports until I was 15 and since then it has been 100% floorball for me.
How did you join the national team?
– I joined the national team for the first time in 2009. I was 17 and played my first season in IKSU. In December that year, it was WFC in Sweden and I had not even thought about the idea of participating when the season started. That I got the chance to play in the WFC at home and that we won it are among my absolutely best memories from playing in the national team.
How do you prepare for the WFC 2019?
– I will work really hard to play good in IKSU during the autumn and try to bring that good feeling to the national team camps.
Who is your favourite floorball player?
– Maja Viström. Unfortunately, she is too young to be able to play the WFC 2019 but remember her name for the future. She is a true upcoming star in Sweden and such a role model for other young players.
– I used to compete in voltige. It’s a sport where you do gymnastics on a horse. But I was slightly better at floorball.
GoGirls! Floorball is the IFF project aimed at helping to increase and promote the participation of girls and women in floorball throughout the world. Read more from here