Lauma Visnevska is the GoGirls! Ambassador and goalkeeper of team Latvia. Visnevska lives in Sweden and plays in IBF Falun. The Women’s WFC in Neuchâtel will be her 8th Women’s WFC.
– My name is Lauma Visnevska, Latvian national team goalkeeper born in Latvia 1989 and living in Sweden since 2008.
How did you start playing floorball and how long have you played?
– In 4th grade (age 10), the teacher of physical education introduced my class to the sport. I started to play as a field player but since I got asthma and running was literally killing me, I started in goal instead. It wasn’t easy either, but little by little I conquered it and today I am asthma-symptoms free. I remember my first practice. It was Thursday’s practice as I put my goalie clothes on for the first time. On Saturday we had a game. We lost big time but my passion never died. I have been goalie for 20 years now.
How did you join the national team?
– At age 14 I remember I was called to my first national Team meeting. I did my try out practice there. 2004 I joined U-19 team and 2005 was my first Women´s World Floorball Championships in Singapore!! I turned sweet 16 there and bought a violin as a present for myself. Those were cheaper there than in Latvia. True story! 😁
How do you prepare for the WFC 2019?
– I follow my own and team’s training plan during summer pre-season. It includes running intervals, working on my general strength, core, resiliency and speed.
Who is your favourite floorball player?
– I don´t have a favourite floorball player. But I could name a few hockey goalies and goalie coaches who inspire me to be better me :)
– Random fact about me is that I am an admin for Floorball Goalies Community on Facebook. So if you are a goalie, don´t hesitate and join our international floorball goalies group on Facebook!
GoGirls! Floorball is the IFF project aimed at helping to increase and promote the participation of girls and women in floorball throughout the world. Read more from here