The Women’s World Floorball Championships are played in Neuchâtel this December and we want to follow the players’ journey towards the event. To promote women’s floorball and women’s WFC, we have one player from each participating country, acting as the IFF GoGirls! ambassador. The ambassadors will be introduced during the next weeks and the journey towards the World Championships may begin!
First up, Amanda Yeap from team Singapore. Amanda has been a GoGirls! Ambassador before and she has represented Singapore in two WFCs. In addition, she has played at the Women’s AOFC Cup in 2018 and at SEA Games in 2015.
– My name is Amanda Yeap. I am currently 25 years old and have just graduated from Singapore Management University with a Bachelor of Accountancy. I currently play for NUS Titans Floorball Club. Besides playing floorball, I enjoy reading, spending time with my dog & recently picked up crocheting as a past time.
How did you start playing floorball and how long have you played?
– I first knew about floorball back in 2010 when our physical education teachers were introducing new sports to students after our final examinations. I started playing floorball competitively since 2011 so it’s been about 8 years now.
How did you join the national team?
– In 2014, I went for the open trials held for the Singapore Women’s Floorball Team in anticipation of APAC 2015. Even though I did not make the team at that time, I stayed on in the national training squad to work on the areas I was lacking in and later represented Singapore at Women’s WFCQ in 2017.
How do you prepare for the WFC 2019?
– Practising stick work as frequent as possible, conditioning my body at the gym weekly, court training with the team as well as watching my food and liquid intake.
Who is your favourite floorball player?
– My favourite female floorball player is Cornelia Fjellstedt and favourite male floorball player is Valdemar Ahlroth.
– I have a twin sister!
GoGirls! Floorball is the IFF project aimed at helping to increase and promote the participation of girls and women in floorball throughout the world. Read more from here