The groups for the 13th Women’s World Floorball Championships (WFC), played in Uppsala, Sweden, have been decided. The WFC 2021 will be played from 27th of November to 5th of December 2021 at the IFU Arena.
The Women’s WFC 2021 is played with 16 teams and the teams are divided into four groups based on ranking and ballot.
Women’s WFC 2021 Groups:
- Group A: LAT, POL, SUI, CZE
- Group B: SVK, GER, FIN, SWE
- Group C: JPN, USA, DEN, AUS
- Group D: SGP, NFFR*, EST, NOR
* NFFR stands for National Floorball Federation of Russia following the Court of Arbitration in Sport (CAS) ruling in the case WADA v. RUSADA.
In the group stage each team plays each other once, while the second stage of the event includes play-offs and placement matches. The two best teams of group A and B go directly to the quarter-finals. Teams placed 3rd and 4th in group A and B and the teams placed 1st and 2nd in group C and D make it to the first play-off round (played before the quarter-finals).
For more information, please visit the Women’s WFC 2021 website!