For the 16th time, the Innebandymagazinet awards the prize to the world’s best players together with national team coaches and media around the world. Today, the Kalmarsund player Kim Nilsson received the award and was announced as the world’s best male floorball player. The Czech Eliška Krupnová received the award on the women’s side.
– The finest individual award you can get, I am enormously honored and happy about the award. It means a lot to me, says Kim Nilsson to Innebandymagazinet.
– I have worked really hard for this and I leave nothing to chance. I am meticulous in every detail that is important to perform my utmost. I have a lot to prove every time I go into a new match but a prize like this makes my driving force even stronger to stay on top.
32-year-old Kim Nilsson receives the award for an exceptionally good 2020 where he was a contributing factor to FBC Kalmarsund’s path to the top of SSL. His team is currently at the top of SSL and he is the scoring leader.
– The secret is simple why 2020 has been such a good year for me and the team. I think floorball is still as fun as when I was younger. We have managed to create a wonderful group that works hard for each other and that I enjoy meeting every day at training or matches.
Why Kim Nilsson?
Kim Nilsson receives the award world’s best floorball player 2020 for his unique and successful playing style based on playing fast and finishing at top speed. With an outstanding role in powerplay and as a penalty shooter, he demonstrates excellence in all important areas as a match winner in the world’s best league and what makes a world player the world’s best.
Facts: Kim Nilsson
Born: March 28, 1988
Height: 193 cm
Current club: FBC Kalmarsund
Previous clubs: Grasshoppers Club Zürich (2014-2016), AIK IBF (2008-2014)
Internationals: 105. 116 goals, 76 assists, 192 points in total
Merits: WFC gold medals 2012 and 2014. Swedish champion 2009. Champions Cup gold 2009. Forward of the year in Swedish Super League 2010/11 and 2013/14. Rookie of the year in SSL 2007/08. MVP in WFC 2012 and 2014. Swiss champion 2016. World’s best floorball player 2014 and 2020.
World’s best male floorball players 2020
- Kim Nilsson, Sweden & FBC Kalmarsund
- Nico Salo, Finland & Classic
- Emil Johansson, Sweden & IBF Falun
- Pascal Meier, Switzerland & Grasshoppers Club Zürich
- Sami Johansson, Finland & Classic
- Tobias Gustafsson, Sweden & Storvreta IBK
- Matej Jendrisak, Czech Republic & Linköping IBK
- Krister Savonen, Finland & SV Wiler-Ersigen
- Alexander Galante Carlström, Sweden & IBF Falun
- Jan Zaugg, Switzerland & Mullsjö AIS
World’s best player year by year
2020: Kim Nilsson, Sweden
2019: Emil Johansson, Sweden
2018: Eero Kosonen, Finland
2017: Alexander Galante Carlström, Sweden
2016: Alexander Galante Carlström, Sweden
2015: Rasmus Enström, Sweden
2014: Kim Nilsson, Sweden
2013: Rasmus Enström, Sweden
2012: Mika Kohonen, Finland
2011: Mika Kohonen, Finland
2010: Mika Kohonen, Finland
2009: Mika Kohonen, Finland
2008: Magnus Svensson, Sweden
2007: Anders Hellgård, Sweden
2006: Anders Hellgård, Sweden
2005: Mika Kohonen, Finland
About the award
World’s best floorball players have been awarded since year 2005 on the men’s side and since 2007 on the women’s side, making this the 16th and 14th time. Winners are selected by Innebandymagazinet in cooperation with national team coaches and international media from the most influential floorball countries. Mika Kohonen has been awarded most (5) times.