For the 14th consecutive year, Innebandymagazinet along with representatives from international floorball media and national team coaches announced the world’s best female floorball player. Eliška Krupnová, forward in Pixbo Wallenstam IBK and the Czech Republic national team, got the 2020 award.
This is the first time ever that the prize goes to a Czech player. Innebandymagazinet announced the world’s best floorball player on the 22nd of December 2020.
– I’m totally shocked. I am happy, proud and honored. This is the biggest thing that has ever happened to me. I’ve really worked hard for this, Eliška Krupnová said in innebandymagazinet’s press release.
– I always work really hard, but for me everything has gone a little easier in 2020 than earlier in my career. It’s not easy to explain but I felt that not much could stop me.
– I hope my award motivates many girls and boys that it is possible for them as well. That it can happen to them and that they want to be in the same place in a few years.
Big, strong and outstanding in front of both goal cages. Clinical finisher and has a strongly developed sense of scoring goals. Is an extremely hard working player and at the same time incredibly smart. Very all around player and masters all game moments. A great role model as a sportswoman both on and off the rink. Is a key player in one of the world’s best club teams and a big national team star.
Facts: Eliška Krupnová
Born: June 23, 1993
Height: 182 cm.
Current club: Pixbo Wallenstam IBK.
Previous clubs: Herbadent Praha (2010-2015), FBC Marianske Lazne (2006-2010).
Merits: Champion in Czech Republic (4 times). Champion in Sweden (1). Champions Cup gold (1). Player of the year in Czech Republic (4). World’s best floorball player 2020.
World’s best female floorball players 2020
1. Eliška Krupnová, Czech Republic (Pixbo Wallenstam IBK)
2. Veera Kauppi, Finland (Thorengruppen IBK)
3. Ida Sundberg, Sweden (Pixbo Wallenstam IBK)
4. Moa Tschöp, Sweden (Täby FC IBK)
5. Corin Rüttimann, Switzerland (Piranha Chur)
6. Cornelia Fjellstedt, Sweden (Thorengruppen IBK)
7. Ellen Rasmussen, Sweden (Malmö FBC)
8. Denisa Ratajová, Czech Republic (Pixbo Wallenstam IBK)
9. Michelle Wiki, Switzerland (UHC Kloten-Dietlikon Jets)
10. Oona Kauppi, Finland (Thorengruppen IBK)
World’s best female floorball players year by year
2020: Eliška Krupnová, Czech Republic
2019: Anna Wijk, Sweden
2018: Veera Kauppi, Finland
2017: Veera Kauppi, Finland
2016: Anna Wijk, Sweden
2015: Anna Wijk, Sweden
2014: Anna Wijk, Sweden
2013: Emelie Lindström, Sweden
2012: Emelie Lindström, Sweden
2011: Emelie Lindström, Sweden
2010: Hermine Dahlerus, Sweden
2009: Karolina Widar, Sweden
2008: Simone Berner, Switzerland
2007: Karolina Widar, Sweden
About the award
World’s best female floorball player have been awarded since year 2007, making this the 14th time. Winners are selected by Innebandymagazinet in cooperation with national team coaches and international media from the most influential floorball countries.