The IFF received videos from a total of 70 participants from 27 different countries for the first ever World Virtual Freestyle Floorball Cup 2020 (WVFFC). The IFF has decided to divide the contestants into two different categories based in age, the U16 category and the Adult category.
– We are extremely happy that so many young skilful floorballers taking part and that we also have participants from countries that have not yet attended official IFF Events, which was exactly what we aimed for with this event concept, IFF Communications & Anti-Doping Manager Merita Bruun informs.
During the last days before the deadline the IFF received more videos from female floorballers and 20% of the participants are girls/women.
Social Media voting starts next week
The videos will be published on both IFF Facebook and IFF Instagram and the contestants that receive most combined likes per category will be crowned WVFFC 2020 champions. The social media voting for the U16 category (16 years and younger) will start on 2nd of November and for the adult (over 16 years) category the voting will start on 3rd of November.
– The next step for the IFF will be to rank the contestants and decide about the finalists for both categories. By dividing the contestants into two different age categories, we can have more contestants in the final social media voting and have two winners, IFF Information Coordinator Mari Myllärinen explains.
Here’s a summary clip of all WVFFC videos:
WVFFC participants per country
The biggest floorball country Sweden is represented by 13 contestants and is followed by Latvia with eight participants. Germany and Switzerland have the third most contestants with six both. Africa is represented with two contestants from Cote d’Ivoire, one from Burkina Faso and one from Kenya. North America is represented by two participants from both Canada and USA. Asia and Oceania is represented by contestants from: India (3), Singapore (2), Australia (1), China (1), Hong Kong (1), Japan (1), Korea (1) and New Zealand (1).
Here’s a summary of participants per country:
- Sweden: 13 participants
- Latvia: 7 participants
- Germany: 6 participants
- Switzerland: 6 participants
- Czech Republic: 5 participants
- India: 3 participant
- Norway: 3 participants
- Canada: 2 participants
- Cote d’Ivoire: 2 participants
- Finland: 2 participants
- Singapore: 2 participants
- Ukraine: 2 participants
- USA: 2 participants
- Australia: 1 participant
- Burkina Faso: 1 participant
- China: 1 participant
- Estonia: 1 participant
- France: 1 participant
- Hong Kong: 1 participant
- Italy: 1 participant
- Japan: 1 participant
- Kenya: 1 participant
- Korea: 1 participant
- New Zealand: 1 participant
- Poland: 1 participant
- Russia: 1 participant
- Slovakia: 1 participant
The WVFFC is a competition where every floorballer can take part by showing their best tricks or skills within a certain time-limit. The competition is organised virtually and the winner will be crowned based on social media voting.
For more information, please visit the World Virtual Freestyle Floorball Cup 2020 page!