With the ambition of making floorball a sport for everyone, strengthening the brand and attracting a larger audience, the Swedish Floorball Federation elected Mikael Ahlerup as the new Secretary General.
– The opportunities for development and the challenges that floorball faces attract me a lot, and is something I have experience from previous assignments, Mikael Ahlerup says in the Swedish Floorball Federation’s press release.
The 57-year-old Mikael Ahlerup has many years of well-earned experience from leadership roles, including being the CEO of AIK Football and Astrid Lindgren’s World, and in 2011 was named the director of the Year in Sweden. In June 2020, he will take over the role as Secretary General of the Swedish Floorball Federation.
– I am extremely proud and happy to have the opportunity to lead the future development of Swedish Floorball Federation together with the Board, the employees, the 21 districts and the Swedish Super League Association. I will spend a lot of time, energy and commitment on creating good conditions so that we can achieve our goals together, he comments.
The Swedish Floorball Federation is working on a long-term vision document, “Swedish Floorball Wants” (Svensk Innebandy Vill), which Ahlerup will now be involved in. The overall goal of Swedish Floorball is to by the year 2030 be a sport that everyone can get involved in.
– For me, floorball is a sport for everyone, a welcoming movement in which everyone can participate. It is a sport for all, from children, youth and recreational athletes to elite athletes and national teams. The development opportunities and the challenges that floorball is facing attract me a lot, and this is something that I have experience from in my previous assignments. My background and experience as a leader in sport as well as the experience industry will be important. At the same time, I hope that my ability to make people feel they are part of the experience will play a part, he continues.
Mikael Ahlerup begins his assignment in June when the Swedish Floorball Federation’s current Secretary General, Göran Harnesk, retires.
– Since 2011, when Göran started, he has developed the Swedish Floorball Federation into being an even more professional organisation, and his leadership has meant a lot for floorball. With Mikael, we get a new strong leader who can fulfil what the Swedish Floorball Federation strives for. He has a good combination of experience from sports, sports organisations and entrepreneurship. What is particularly striking about him is his communicative ability and that he has succeeded in increasing the public interest towards the companies he has been CEO of, says Märit Bergendahl, President of the Swedish Floorball Federation and continues:
– In Mikael we get a competent leader who will lead the office in a modern and professional way. He is a trustworthy person who will be able to build important relationships, both within the floorball movement and in relation to partners and other stakeholders.
List of merits, Mikael Ahlerup:
CEO Lund Gruppen Holding AS (July 2018 -)
CEO AIK Football (August 2015 – December 2017)
Group management TUI Nordic (January 2014 – April 2015)
CEO Astrid Lindgren’s World (2003-2013)
CEO Orsa Grönklitt AB (1998-2003)
Source & more information: www.innebandy.se