Eliska Krupnova is the GoGirls! Ambassador from team Czech Republic. Eliska is the captain of the national team and the upcoming WFC will be her fifth Women’s WFC. The 26-year-old forward also has experience from several events like the Champions Cup, U19 WFCs and other international tournaments.
– My name is Eliska Krupnova, I come from Czech Republic and I am 26 years old. I currently live and play floorball in Sweden, in Pixbo Wallenstam IBK, the team from the city of Gothenburg.
How did you start playing floorball and how long have you played?
– I have been playing floorball for 12 years now. I started to play in 2007 when I was 14. One day in summer, I saw my friends playing floorball outside our house. I joined them and liked it right away. They told me about trainings that I could join. So I did and never stopped playing since then.
How did you join the national team?
– I started to play floorball in my hometown which was a very small town with a very small floorball club. One of my coaches took me to an open training of the U19 national team in Prague. It was selective training with some floorball skill training and physical tests. Apparently, I succeeded and could then join the team for the next team camps.
How do you prepare for the WFC 2019?
– I am the captain of the Czech national team so besides of the physical and floorball preparation, I also try to prepare mentally for this new role of mine to be able to lead the team to the best possible result. Of course, the aim is to be in the best form physically as well as mentally in December 2019.
Who is your favourite floorball player?
– My favourite floorball player is Emil Johansson.
– I have also been playing golf since my childhood. I managed to play the Czech Amateur Tour but when I decided to dedicate more time to floorball I could not continue playing golf on such high level anymore. I have not been able to play a tournament for a few years now but my current handicap is still 3.5.
GoGirls! Floorball is the IFF project aimed at helping to increase and promote the participation of girls and women in floorball throughout the world. Read more from here
All GoGirls! Introductions can be found here