Anna-Lena Best is the GoGirls! Ambassador from team Germany. The 20-year-old national team forward is excited about the upcoming WFC in Neuchatel, which will be her second Women’s WFC. Anna-Lena has also participated in International tournaments, the Polish Cup and the 6 Nations Floorball Challenge.
– My name is Anna-Lena Best. I’m 20 years old. I play in the German Bundesliga with my club Dümptener Füchse and in the German National Team.
How did you start playing floorball and how long have you played?
– I started playing floorball at the age of eight, so by now I have been playing for about 12 years. A friend of mine took me to the training back then and right away I fell in love with the game and that feeling has lasted until today.
How did you join the national team?
– My first appearance in the German National Team was at the age of 15 in the WFC Qualifications 2015 in Poland. Afterwards I played two U19 World Championships and the Women’s WFC 2017 in Bratislava. The upcoming World Championships in Neuchatel will be my second in the Women’s category. I’m already excited, because playing for the national team is always special to me.
How do you prepare for the WFC 2019?
– Most of the time I prepare together with my club. In the summer we sweat a lot focusing on speed and strength while preparing for the upcoming season. Additionally I do extra practises at the gym and with my stick in order to improve my technical skills which helps my performance in the national team. Overall I train 6 to 7 times a week.
Who is your favourite floorball player?
– My favourite floorball player is Veera Kauppi, because she is one of the best players in the world, has amazing technical skills and has already accomplished a lot in floorball, despite her young age.
– I sometimes forget that my actual name is Anna-Lena because everyone calls me Lena :).
GoGirls! Floorball is the IFF project aimed at helping to increase and promote the participation of girls and women in floorball throughout the world. Read more from here