Day 2 was the time for some teams to already secure semi-final spots, while other teams were happy to register their first win of the tournament.


After having played their first match at this international level yesterday, Skala Melitopol looked a little calmer today and produced a good result to beat Hungarian champions, Dunai Krokodilok 5-1. In the final period, leading 3-0, they had a player penalty and then a penalty shot awarded against them within a couple of minutes and it looked like they might falter (like they did yesterday against London Sharks) and let Dunai back in the game, but they showed good composure to hold off the Hungarians and go on to record their first win.

Match statistics can be found here.



In the match between southern European ´neighbours´ Spain & Italy it was the young Spanish team from Madrid that came out on top with an 8-3 win. Although possession and court position was quite even throughout the game, it was Leganes´ ability to control the ball near their opposition´s goal and find the open passing lines and clear shots that proved the difference. Too often the Italians took shots when the defence was already set and the number of balls that made it past the block and to the goal was limited. When it did get through the Leganes goalkeeper, Javier Izquierdo Romero, was there to stop it. L´Aquila wasn´t able to break the Spanish defence until the last period when they had the player advantage in two powerplays. Seven different goal scorers for Leganes showed a good all-round team performance.
Match statistics can be found here


Tsunami Zahorska Bystrica – LONDON SHARKS

Tsunami controlled this match from start to finish to secure a 9-3 win over the Great White Sharks, but there was a short time in the final period when they had to up their game a little to stop the Sharks from closing in on them. A 5-0 first period for Tsunami came from them having perhaps 80% of the possession, most of which was in the London defensive zone. The Sharks tightened their defence in the second period and even staged a little comeback in the last, but the greater effort that they had needed to put in to the game showed in the end as Tsunami put in several late goals. Tsunami move on to the semi-finals where they will have to wait until the groups are finalised tomorrow to learn who their opponent is.

Match statistics can be found here



The last game of the day was a hotly contested battle between Utrecht & home side AS Trencin. It was fast and furious from start to finish and the result was not certain until the very last seconds. Niek Hovius led the scoring for the Dutch with a hattrick and Utrecht took the points with a 6-5 win but after trailing by two with 10 minutes to play, Trencin came close to turning the game completely around. Some hot-headedness from both teams resulted in each of the captain´s getting a 2 minute rest on the penalty bench and the 4 v 4 allowed Utrecht to extend the gap to three. Trencin pulled their keeper and playing 6 v 5, Peter Heles and captain Juraj Matejka combined to score two quick goals. A substitution error from Trencin gave the advantage back to Utrecht and they held on for the win.  In this group it is still not clear who will qualify for semifinals…tomorrow will tell.

Match statistics can be found here


For all the tournament results & statistics visit the EFCh event page


  IFF Social Media channels:


News EuroFloorball Challenge 2017
Women's WFC 2023 has begun!

Floorball in the media