The Swedish Floorball Federation has decided that the first edition of the Swedish Championship for Veterans will be decided in the IFU Arena in Uppsala 5–7 February 2021.
This is the first time that the event is carried out and it is expected to attract about 50 teams with a total of 400 players. Together with Destination Uppsala, the Swedish Federation looks forward to arranging a safe and secure event.
The Swedish Championship for Veterans is a completely new competition for the growing group of national veteran floorball players, ie women and men of 35 years and 45 years. Extensive experience of event collaborations between Swedish Floorball, the city, the arena and the local organisations life has been crucial in the decision to locate the event in Uppsala.
– Uppsala and IFU Arena have in recent years shown a strong commitment and always deliver with quality. We feel very confident that Upplands Floorball Association assists us in making the championship an attractive and cool event. The goal of the Swedish Floorball Federation goal of lifelong sport is a big part of the championship and we hope that it can bring benefits in the future, says Mikael Ahlerup, Secretary General of the Swedish Floorball Federation.
The historical premiere edition will be played in Uppsala 5-7 February. IFU Arena will host several major floorball events in 2021:
- Swedish Veteran Championship
- Innebandyfesten (Floorballparty)
- Women’s U19 World Floorball Championships
- Women’s World Floorball Championships
– We cannot explain enough how much IFU Arena has meant for the city’s ability to welcome large indoor team sport events. When the opportunity arose to host the Veteran Championship, we were not late on the start button. We look forward to arranging a safe and secure event, but also offer world-class hosting, says Anna Lindström, Head of Meetings and Events, Destination Uppsala.
Source & more information: Swedish Floorball Federation