The Swedish Floorball Federation participates, together with the International Floorball Federation, in the EU project GAMES. This participation includes, among other things, the execution of sustainability-specific activities both before and during the WFC 2024. The project is coordinated by Sant’Anna School of Advanced Studies in Pisa, and in addition to the two floorball federations, World Athletics and the International Biathlon Union is also participating in the project.
The GAMES project has the following main objectives:
- Raise awareness and increase the adoption of climate change mitigation practices by key sports actors
- Analyze current climate change models adopted in athletics, biathlon and floorball and develop a path towards decarbonization
- Support athletics, biathlon and floorball with strategic objectives, programs and operational frameworks to mitigate, neutralize or offset greenhouse gas emissions
- Develop training modules to improve the environmental knowledge and awareness of sports organization employees and supporters
- Leveraging the popularity of the sports to broadly increase environmental awareness
Read more about GAMES here.
GAMES PROJECT PUBLISHES REPORT ON DECARBONISATION IN ATHLETICS, BIATHLON AND FLOORBALL
Launched in 2022 with support from the EU’s Erasmus+ Sport programme, the GAMES project has introduced a comprehensive report titled ‘Guidelines on Decarbonisation Practices for Athletics, Biathlon, and Floorball.