Today the International Sport community will once again celebrate the International Day of Sport for Development and Peace (IDSDP). The day can be celebrated by for example sharing #WhiteCard pictures on social media.
Established by the United Nations General Assembly and the International Olympic Committee, April6 recognises the role that sport plays in society and its power to foster dialogue, understanding, social inclusion and peace.
This year, as we are all still facing an unprecedented sanitary situation, April6 provides the opportunity to highlight the unique power of sport in supporting people and communities to overcome the challenges imposed by the pandemic. April6.org is the largest platform dedicated to celebrating and sharing sport-for-development initiatives on April6.
We therefore encourage you to join the IFF in celebrating April6 by:
- Publishing information about the International day of Sport for Development and Peace and the #WhiteCard symbol on your website
- Gathering 2-3 meaningful stories from athletes, coaches and all your national entourage and registering them on the dedicated april6.org platform along with a #WhiteCard picture of the participant telling the story;
- Inviting your national population to:
- Participate in the digital #WhiteCard campaign on social media combining #WhiteCard pictures/videos with stories of individuals and communities who have been positively impacted by sport;
- Register their story on the dedicated april6.org platform along with a #WhiteCard picture of the participant telling the story;
- Organise a dedicated digital or real project/event. For this to be displayed on the april6.org platform, please send an email with a description (100-120 words) and a photo or logo to email@example.com.
As a reference to the yellow and the red card in the sporting world, since 2014 a #WhiteCard is a symbol, created by the organisation Peace and Sport, representing the positive power of sport for peace and social inclusion.
The core message of the 2021 #WhiteCard campaign is “Behind each #WhiteCard, there is a story”. It seeks to highlight and draw attention to the stories of individuals and communities who have been positively impacted by sport all around the globe.
To participate, take a picture of yourself while holding a white card, register your story on the www.April6.org platform and share it on all your social networks using the hashtag #WhiteCard and the tag @peaceandsport.
The IFF Office participate in the #WhiteCard campaign in 2021:
Näytä tämä julkaisu Instagramissa.